Monday, April 19, 2010

Accessibility of Lasallian Education


"I am actually very happy that you interviewed me for FaMili. I'd like to share what is going on here, with other Lasallian Institutions. Hopefully in the future they will also be interested in setting up [School of Deaf Education & Applied Studies] since [Accessibility of Lasallian Education] is one of the six strategic intents. I hope they are able to provide education for the Deaf. And learn from how DLS-CSB has been successful in providing accommodations and learning experiences for Deaf persons. Maybe in the future, you'll never know, the international Lasallian Family will do the same.

I am happy just dreaming about the future that there will be more opportunities and accessibility to education for Deaf persons. And I believe that it is La Salle that can help because their goal is to help poor people. [It is the same for Deaf people] we cannot hear and access is very difficult for us. Here is DLS-CSB who welcomed us, who opened a lot of doors for us and helped us develop into a whole person. Actually that is what I learned from my Lasallian education. And that has what made me stand up and be a strong leader for the Deaf community, to help other Deaf."

-- Ana Macasaet Arce in Philippine Lasallian FaMili's cover story entitled "Signs of Faith"
Volume 11 * Issue 03 * Jan-Feb 2010

No comments: