Sunday, May 16, 2010

Deaf student wins Best New Actor award

By Bayani San Diego Jr.
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 20:22:00 05/15/2010

NO ONE was more surprised than Rome himself.

Romalito “Rome” Mallari, the Deaf actor in the Cinemalaya entry “Dinig Sana Kita,” scored an “unexpected victory” at the Star Awards, handed out by the Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC).

Mallari won Best New Movie Actor, beating ABS-CBN’s current fair-haired boy Enchong Dee (who was nominated for “Paano Ko Sasabihin?”).

“Dinig” director Mike Sandejas commended the PMPC for choosing “a Deaf boy with no real future prospects in the industry over an upcoming popular actor … They simply believed that he deserved it. It was a leap of faith.”

Read the rest of the Inquirer.net article here


1 comment:

felix said...

Excellent blog.

Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

I am very much interested in adding http://deaf-e-news.blogspot.com
in my blog http://felix-googleblog-archive.blogspot.com .

I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

Hope to see a positive reply.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!