Monday, January 16, 2012

For The Kids 2012

Great Love from Ates and Kuyas for the Kids

A great event to be with the kids was held in La Salle Greenhills High School. It was the most exciting year to spend time with kids. The event lasted from 5am to 3:30pm. A lot of kids spent a lot of time with us which means that they have great love, great minds to interact with the ates and kuyas, and great souls for having a lot of happiness.

Inspiring reactions from the kids during the For The Kids 2012:

"It was my first time to encounter the hearing students and Deaf community from La Salle. The people and students were friendly to children and they encouraged them to join the FTK. I also went to volunteer for the children. I was partnered with a Deaf student from G. elementary school and it seemed that he was shy and alone because there were no other friends and students from his elementary school, but I believe that he is a good person. We gathered together with my schoolmates and their Deaf partners for us to meet other children. The Deaf community, both the ates and kuyas and the children, enjoyed and I feel glad that I am able to help by sharing to the children the creativity and talents that He has given me. Me and my child Deaf partner cooperated well and I learned to be patient and responsible, not only with myself, but also with the children especially in teaching them. I am thankful that God has blessed His sons and daughters with His love and care." -Maria, SDEAS student

"I have never encountered Deaf children from De La Salle Greenhills High School (DLSGHS) before, so it was only my first time to meet a Deaf young girl. I helped the deaf child in her first game here at DLSGHS for FTK. Her innocence was making me happy. I also felt happy because the community became her friend and was helping her to use a little sign language. I hope that God will bless her." -Ria, SDEAS student









































































edited by: Marina Viktoria De Los Reyes

No comments: